Have you recently gotten your teeth whitened in Asheville? Congratulations! The team at Rebol Family Dentistry love to hear that you are being proactive and taking steps to improve your smile! If you are considering investing in teeth whitening treatment, there are a few things we would like you to know. Hopefully, you’ll come see us in Asheville – but in case you don’t live nearby, we’d like to review with you a few foods that our dentists recommend as safest to eat after you get your teeth whitened.
To make the best of your investment, you’ll want to mind what you eat after the procedure. A good rule of thumb is to follow the “White Diet.” Essentially, you only want to eat food that is devoid of color and soft on your teeth. Keep reading for a full breakdown of what our doctors do and don’t recommend in the days following teeth whitening.
The 48 Hours After Your Teeth Whitening
The 48 hours following a whitening procedure are the most critical. During this time, your teeth are susceptible to stains and discoloration. To ensure maximum whiteness, be careful not to eat or drink anything that could stain your teeth. This includes things like coffee, tea, wine, tomatoes, steak一basically anything with color that could tint your teeth while they’re susceptible.
Here are a list of foods that doctors recommend in the 48 hours after your teeth whitening:
- Plain white yogurt with banana
- Scrambled egg whites with white bread (cut off the crusts)
- Oats with coconut flakes
- Egg white and mozzarella cheese omelette
- Rice bubbles with skim milk
- Fruit salad of banana, peeled apple, peeled pear and coconut
- White fish sushi
- Turkey or chicken sandwich on white bread with mayonnaise
- Grilled white cheddar cheese on white bread
- Baked chicken breast with a side of mashed potatoes
- Steamed fish with steamed white rice
- Creamy chicken or fish with pasta and cauliflower
- Creamy cauliflower and chicken risotto
- White cheese
- Rice pudding
- Vanilla yogurt
- Rice crackers
- Vanilla ice cream
- Club soda or tonic water
- Clear, colorless flavored soda
- Coconut water
- White wine
There you have it! It may not be the most flavorful two days of your life, but if you stick to the “White Diet” for 48 hours after a whitening, your teeth will be sparkling for years to come. While you’re at it, why not consider some of the other cosmetic treatments that our office provides? You can trust our staff to give you the best care possible, and we love new patients!